A QUICK FOREWORD...

As with anything, I always recommend beginning at the beginning. However, in case you don't want to peruse my entries from the beginning (& hey, it's your loss), here's a quickie for you.


I basically like Twilight. I appreciate it for what it is, and recognize it's shortcomings. If you're a crazed Twi-fanatic, consider yourself warned.

Kristen Stewart is on my shortlist of favorite actors, and Robert Pattinson is not only gorgeous, he's talented too.

The cast in general blows my mind. Not for their acting skills (which are super sweet), but the fact that they are all so normal seeming. And they get along. No cat fights, no set drama. I'd love to see a remake of The Breakfast club with this cast, where they act as themselves. someone make that happen k thanks.

Stephenie Meyer, as a stay-at-home mom of multiple kids, wrote a book. She's kinda my hero. I want to do what she's done.

All opinions and thoughts are welcome here, so please feel free to speak your mind. :)

PS-I tend to go off on tangents like no one's business, and occasionally stray from what I really wanted to say. I'm also too impatient to go back and re-read what I've written to make sure it sounds right. I apologize for any ramblings, incoherence, and other minor transgressions I might make.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Adventureland

Not totally Twilight related, but a little...

Last night I watched Adventureland. I loved it, as I expected to, and I wasn't let down. I was actually a little surprised. My appreciation of Kristen Stewart is no secret, and I thought she did well as Em. I don't quite understand why all the interviewers were asking her how she found the inspiration to do the part, since she wasn't a damaged girl in her 20's working in a theme park. I mean, I think anyone could relate to that in some way. It's not about the specific scenarios, it's about life in general. EVERYONE is damaged, and I'm not the least bit surprised that Kristen pulled the part of, despite being born in 1990 (I'm old, oh gah!...) She's an actress, and she's alive. Something has happened to her in the course of her life to give her inspiration.

Like I said, she delivered what I was expecting. But the one who did not deliver what I expected was Jesse Eisenberg. He was so much better than I thought, and now I'm a fan. He was just human enough, just real enough, to let you connect with the character, and still look up to him a little bit. And he was charming, and adorable, and perfectly underwhelming. I loved him.

And I'm way jealous that Kristen gets to kiss all these hotties...I mean, Ryan Reynolds? Rob, Jesse, Adam Brody? Jealous.

Anyways, it's a good film, from someone who was born in '83, full of great tunes and performances. And the script is awesome as well. Check it out!

No comments: